Balls are a popular tool in yoga. These inflated balls enable participants to complete a wide range of exercises, which can aid both the body and mind of the participants.
If you plan on doing so at-home yoga, you may need to inflate one of these.
Your yoga ball must be properly inflated, as otherwise you could easily fall off the ball and injure yourself. Not to mention, your exercise will be less effective.
How do you correctly inflate your yoga ball? Simply follow our step-by-step guidelines.
How To Inflate A Yoga Ball
All you need to do is this:
- Insert the end of the pump into the ball’s hole.
- Begin pumping. The method that you use will depend on what kind of pump you use. If you use a hand pump, you must push down on the pump. Once you have reached the end, pull the pump back up. Repeat this process until the ball is approximately 80% full. If you are using an electric pump, the device should do most of the work for you. Just make sure that you stop once the ball is 80% full.
- Remove the pump from the yoga ball’s hole. Cover the plug so that you don’t lose any air. The longer you take to plug the ball, the more air you will lose.
- Wait 24 hours. Doing so will ensure that your yoga ball reaches the desired level of firmness.
- Continue the pumping process until the ball is completely full. Remove the pump and put the plug back in position. Wait 24 hours before using your yoga ball.
- Check that the ball has been properly inflated. The best way of doing this is by getting a measuring tape to see whether the yoga ball has reached its intended dimensions. This information should be included in a product’s online description. Alternatively, you can experiment with using the ball.
- Enjoy your perfectly inflated yoga ball!
How To Deflate A Yoga Ball
If you need to get rid of your yoga ball, you might want to deflate it. Luckily, the process of deflating the yoga ball is incredibly easy.
Unlike inflating the ball, you won’t need any unique equipment (namely a pump) to deflate the ball. Instead, all you will need is yourself and the yoga ball!
To deflate the ball, you just need to:
- Sit on the yoga ball with your legs wide apart.
- Locate the plug on the yoga ball. Unplug the ball, thus letting the air out.
- To speed up the deflating process, you can carefully bounce up and down on the ball. Just bear in mind that it will become more unstable as it deflates.
- Make sure that you properly store the yoga ball once deflated. This means folding it up.
What Kind Of Pump Can You Use?
There are two main varieties when it comes to yoga balls. You can either get manual or electric pumps. Manual pumps require a lot of effort on the part of the user.
Electric pumps take a lot of work out of the inflating process. Unfortunately, electric pumps can be more expensive.
Ideally, you should use pumps that are specifically designed for yoga balls. Moreover, you can use bicycle pumps, air compressors, or mattress pumps to inflate the ball.
However, you might need to find an adapter to use these pumps. This is because they are not designed for use on yoga balls.
As a result, you may need to find a cone-shaped adapter, which can be found online.
Can Yoga Balls Be Popped?
Yes, yoga balls can be popped. This can occur if you over-inflate it. When inflating the ball, you must be careful to stop once the ball has become firm.
A yoga ball can also burst when the user exceeds the maximum weight limit. You should pay attention to this limit, as going over it could result in the ball popping as you are using it!
As a result, it may not be a good idea to use exercise weights when sitting on the exercise ball.
Luckily, many modern yoga balls are made to be burst-resistant. This is a great feature that prevents users from being injured.
Not to mention, lots of these exercise balls are designed with high weight limits, thus limiting the chances of them bursting.
What Are The Benefits Of Yoga Ball?
Yoga balls are not just recommended by yogists, but also by chiropractors and doctors.
This is because they offer numerous health benefits to the human body. Here are some of the main benefits:
Improved Back And Spine
The main use of a yoga ball is to improve the user’s back and spine.
After all, this is the reason the yoga ball was invented. If you have been suffering from back pain, it is worth using an exercise ball.
Better Muscle Balance
You can cause muscles to become imbalanced when you misuse them. This injury is particularly common among gymgoers.
If you work your core and lower back on a yoga ball, your muscles can be restored to their muscles.
Is your posture bad? If so, it is recommended that you use a yoga ball to improve your posture.
This is because your back and spine will develop a more natural curve after using this tool for a while. As a result, you will be able to stand up perfectly straight!
By simply bouncing lightly on a yoga ball, you can burn calories. Many office workers have started using yoga and exercise balls as replacements for desk chairs.
This is done to burn calories, improve their posture, and increase core strength. Consequently, yoga balls have multiple uses.
Yoga balls are great tools that allow you to participate in a wider range of yoga exercises. If you are on the fence about getting one of these objects, we think that they’re a worthwhile investment.
Many people are put off by having to inflate the yoga ball themselves. As demonstrated above, the inflating process is very simple!